New Video Layout for Songwriting Blog

I started a songwriting blog about a year ago once the band I was in kind of fizzled out. It was my way to not lose that side of me: the musical side. The blog has evolved, and I have went down many different paths. I have been recording videos. These videos however rich in musical ability, are void in any kind of visual excitement. We are talking about me in my bedroom playing the guitar... blah.

I'm excited that I have finally come up with a way to fuse those two elements of my creativity: music and art. Part of the problem is I don't have a good camera, and it is not like I really want to make an entire music video with plot, additional actors, etc. The purpose of the blog was to keep it simple, and just do live acoustic recordings.

It took a while to come up with, and many versions, and a lot of editing, but here is a screen capture from the new video layout. It stays staionary the whole time, except for on the tv. On the tv is the video of me playing the song.


I really like this style alot and I have since came up with how I am going to present all of my new songs based on this style. Here is my new criteria:

  • Interesting camera perspective, one that creates nice angles
  • The scene will be in black and white
  • Except for where there is text, video, and symbols (ie the poster)
  • In which case the color pallet will only consist of blues and oranges
  • Text will always be in 3d perspective corresponding with the scene
  • The videos will always be playing indirectly, as opposed to being the main focus
  • An example of this would be seeing the video in a rain puddle, or through a window of a neighboring house

Here is the video on my songwriting blog: "Out of the Kiln"

1 comments:

dantheman said...

i like this... one thing though. 'out of kiln' is kind of hard to read. you may think about that next time. but i really like this style, very cool.