Making Ava's Cake

My daughter turns four years old tomorrow, and for her birthday cake over the weekend I designed a little something to go on top of it.

She is a huge Max and Ruby fan, so first I found a good high-res picture of the characters.



Next I decided I wanted to replace Ruby with Ava - she likes Max more anyways - so I dug up a good picture of Ava to use as a reference.



Then I sketched her characture in a way that resembled the style of Max and Ruby. I scanned the drawing and colored it in illustrator. Then replaced Ruby's head and bunny features with Ava.




Then printed it out and took it to Kroger, and then they print out a sheet that is a mixture of corn starch and die, or something, and viola!


Wish I had a closer image of the cake, but her birthday party was two days ago now, all that is left is a little corner piece. Happy Birthday Ava Flava!

0 comments: